Sunday, August 14, 2016

Aug. 8- Just Go with the FLOW

Dear Family,
I love you all so much! This last weekend was one of the most stressful ever, but due to the slowness of computer uploading my pics I dont have a lot of time to talk about it all, haha. I have a new companion and I am here in Alpuyeca still :) 

On Monday we had a fun activity where we went and played sports- this is me and a few other Sister Training Leaders, I don't understand why everyone else can tan but me, but I am okay;) 
My new companion is Hermana Dent, she is from Utah and she started her mission the same time as me:) She is really cool and we have had some fun times together! It is pretty funny being with another guera, especially one with super blonde and curly hair- we get a lot of attention. But it is so fun:) And we have seen some awesome progress in our area!
I ran into an older investigator the other day, Luis Vasquez:) He was baptized by other missionaries that completed his teaching, and he says he is planning on serving a mission now:) He is awesome and it was way cool getting to see him again!​
One of the rivers overflowed in our area this week and it was scary-awesome crossing it;) I was not about to walk the extra mile to the other bridge;) 
We got to go to the most amazing baptismal service this Saturday for one of the converts of Hermana Dent. It is the hermana driving in the picture:) She has honestly been through so many trials and problems, but Hermana Guadalupe trusted God and moved forward through every obstacle:) I hope I can be like her one day. 

​I hope that everyone has an amazing week, I am thinking of you and praying for you all. Keep being safe and looking for opportunities to serve and love God's children:) 
Love, Hermana Swallow

No comments:

Post a Comment