Sunday, September 25, 2016

Sept. 19-Feliz Día de la Independencia!

Dear Family,
We had an amazing week! It was Mexico's Independence day on September 15th and we all know that they are non-stop partyers so we actually celebrated from the 15th to the 16th with an awesome ward activity:) We are seeing so many blessings and awesome things here in our Alpuyeca Branch! The members are getting more involved and inviting their friends to come and receive what the Gospel can bring:) 

This is my get-up for the 15th of September:) I decided to take out the braids before we left the house to be a bit more professional, but just know that my intention to be all-out patriotic was there;)
Like I said we had an awesome ward activity on Friday the 16th of September where members came in their mexican clothes and sang songs and danced and we ate good food:) They also invited alot of their friends to see and learn more about the church! This is Hermano Salvador, he is a pretty good singer!
Us eating pozole, a Mexican corn-soup dish:) I was seated in the middle of the table so this is just me and half the people:) 
This is one of our investigators, Guadalupe:) She is AMAZING. She will be baptized on the first of October and is one of the most special investigators I have had in my entire mission:) Since we have started teaching her about a month ago she has only missed one Sunday because of family problems. As her baptismal date gets closer she is passing more and more tests and trials- including her Mom getting diagnosed for cancer and her actually falling and breaking her wrist this past week. But she is still so strong and came to the activity and came to church yesterday- she wants to do everything in her power to follow Christ:) Many investigators would push back and try to tell us that while they are going through such hard times that they need space- but Guadalupe just thanks us for bringing her the Gospel and asks ''what more can I do?'' I hope to be like her one day. 
This is Guadalupe's nephew, Eduardo. I think I have talked about him before, he only has one eye because of an accident that he had but he as well has progressed and fought so hard since the first day we started sharing this message with their family:) He is going to be baptized on October 1st, too:) He got up the nerves to sing in the activity! And he didnt do too bad, either, he just... didnt want to stop. After like 10 songs somebody else came up and asked to sing, haha. 
Us and our ward mission leader in our Mexican outfits:) Everyone FLIPPED OUT seeing me and Hermana Dent all dressed up for the two fiesta days. They thought we were the most adorable white girls they had ever seen pretending to be mexican:) Pretty much nobody on the street all day wore patriotic clothes- just us. So we stood out, but was alright. We love Mexico!
These are some cool pics of them setting up the late-night celebration they had in Xochitepec for the independence day. Everyone stays up until midnight on the night of the 15th to do what they call 'el grito' (the shout) about their independence:) But we had to be home safe and sound at 6pm, haha. 
This was a cute dance some of the kids in the branch did at the party called the Iguana:) It is a song about a girl iguana and a boy iguana and how the boy iguana is always chasing:) The men get down on their stomachs and walk with their elbows like iguanas it is pretty funny:) 
This is a cool scenery shot of this really pretty path we found to the house of one of our 'out-of-the-way' investigator families:)
This is this cool pet spider growing on our lime tree in front of the house:) It is getting pretty big. We might have to kill it one day, but for now it is our cool Pokemon. 
Our investigator Eduardo (the one with one eye who sang at the party) also has the cutest son and the cutest baby puppy in the world. I cant even when we go to his house:) I always say ''where is my puppy?'' and they bring her to me, haha. 
Time for some cute pics with me and my amazing companion, Hermana Dent:) I am seriously having a wonderful time with her. We learn and we laugh and we are seeing miracles here in Alpuyeca:) She is honestly one of the most capable missionary companions I have ever had, We have fun together but we also work so hard- I feel like I am running sometimes to keep up with her:) I am grateful God sent her to be my companion:) 

And a final grateful shout-out to my awesome family and my amazing Mom:) This week we had to be home early for some of the festive-days just as a safety precaution (nothing happened) and with my free time I went through my family pics:) My mom sends me her weekly blog every week and from those blogs I have cut my favorite pictures and went saving them. This week I spread them all out and I am just so grateful for you, my wonderful and supportive family! I love you!
I love you all so much, I hope you have an amazing week! Keep Eduardo and Guadalupe in your prayers, they will be making their first promise with God, soon:)

Until next week,

Hermana Sualita :) 








No comments:

Post a Comment