Sunday, January 31, 2016

Jan. 4- Happy New Year

My Wonderful Family and Friends,
Does anybody appreciate or like these new emails made of the pictures? Because I can go back to the way before, just tell me;) 
WELL, this week was interesting. 

For starters some of our awesome members let us borrow their bikes for a little bit one day, and that was fun:) Hermana Lizano claims she loves bicicyling and would always be on her bike in Peru, but she kept falling and even ran into a parked car, haha. #Win 
So, the BIGGEST news of the week is that now I am in a Trio again:) Hermana Percastegui is our new companion! She is amazing. Her companion had to go home due to knee problems, so now she is working with me and Hermana Lizano and we are trying to work the two areas. This is a pic of Hermana Percastegui and a super groovy old dude who was sitting in front of us on the bus, haha. 
See that nasty thing on my plate?? It is a FRUIT here. It is a piece of a fruit, actually. It is called Zapote, and it looks literally like crap, haha. It doesnt taste too bad, it was just REAL rough getting over the look and feel of it, ha. That old lady in the back of the picture is so funny, she is like 137 years old and kept asking if the missionaries were still in the house and when they would leave, haha. 
This is the bar that we live next to:) Nobody freak out, we are safe. It is just funny that when people ask where we live we're like ''Next to 2 Amigos'' and they're like ''Hmm...''
To try to work in both areas at the same time, I spent all Saturday in divisions with members in our area:) It was a REAL adventure. I felt like a child getting babysat all day as the women in our ward switched off with who would accompany me:) They are so amazing, and so willing to serve! This is me with my morning companion, Hermana Mejia:)
This was my afternoon companion, Hermana Fani:) She is a recently returned missionary of 9 months and a newlywed of 3 months. She is the exception, not the rule;) 
It has been a bit rough sharing two beds with three companions, but we found this inflatable bed in one of the houses and I willing pumped it up manually. It has been a huge blessing:) 
I was goofing off and Hermana Percastegui snapped this pic of me;) JUST COME TO CHURCH, PEOPLE!
This is something I never thought would happen in my life... but I am forcibly making Hermana Lizano hug me for the pic, haha. I just get so annoyed that she refuses to show emotion all the time. 
My beautiful companions and this awkward white girl on the side;) 
Well, I hope you enjoyed that show of pictures:) Now I have an experience to share. It is a little embarrassing, but I feel like it would benefit you and my future posterity.
​Well, one day last week we were having a rough day. I felt like Hermana Lizano was just in a crappy mood and I couldn't do anything to please her. It is usually rough when this happens because I feel like the only thing that can fix the situation is communication, but Hermana Lizano gets more annoyed if I talk. #Paradox Anyways, we kept working. Well, about half way through the day it started to stink. Literally. I knew that Hermana Lizano was the one stinking, and I was trying not to make a face or embarrass her. We kept working and the smell was there. I was wondering when the last time she showered was, and how she couldn't notice how bad she smelt. We eventually ended up going home early because she wasn't feeling good, and I was fine with that. But I realized that even the house smelt bad! I decided to ignore it and just write in my journal. But I realized that Hermana Lizano was in the bedroom and that I could still smell the stink-- Turns out, I had stepped in Dog Poop mid way through the day and that the stink was ME. Que pena. But, It was an interesting parable of life. I wondered if maybe the one with the stinky mood was also me, and I was just assuming it was her. So, if life starts to seem a little rough or people start bugging you, take a personal check to see if maybe YOU are the one who is stinking and need to lighten up and be more positive:) Haha, and that's my story.



We are going to have changes this Friday, and it is weird. My area will now be a part of the Mexico Mission of Chalco and new missionaries will be coming in to fill up our spots. Who knows where I will be this time next week?:) I will be sure to let you know:) I hope you all have an amazing week and keep looking up and being positive and happy! I LOVE YOU!



Hermana Swallow



No comments:

Post a Comment