Sunday, February 7, 2016

Feb. 1- Mi Semana :)

My Wonderful Family,
How are you all doing?:) I pray that you are doing well and had a good week:) I did, too!:) 

This is Hermana Rodriguez and I with one of our Investigators named Ceci:) She is 8 years old and is going to get baptized with her Mom on the 24 of February:) They are super special and are shining so bright in this gospel message:)

What is with all of the sea-food?? My Dad tells me that it is because I am closer to the ocean in my new area, but I have some suspicions that it is because I flip when the food still has eyes on it and the members think it is funny;) This fish here was one of the hardest things to eat so far on the mission, I basically just had to close my eyes... but then I would choke on fish bones so it was just a lose-lose;)
This is us looking really good in the house after a long days work;) We are eating tacos-al-pastor and they are just the most delicious thing ever. Our amazing next-door neighbor members brought them to us one night:) We are definitely spoiled!

Sorry that it was a pretty slow picture week, I will do better this week! I will now regale you with some highlights of the week without pictures:)

In an effort to talk (or contact) more people we made a goal as a companionship to chose a color everyday, pray to the Lord to send us people in that color, and make a promise to Him that we would talk with every person in that color for the day:) IT WAS CRAZY. Normally when you talk to people in the street you can get a couple appointments everyday, 2-3 maximum normally, because half the people just take your pass-along card while running, the other 25% listen to you talk for a while and then give you a thousand excuses for why you cant visit them in there home, and then finally the other 25% accept your message and tell you where they live so you can come back again:) Well, in our first day of the color-challenge we hunted down every single person in the color blue and prayed that the Lord would send us prepared people:) and we had 12 APPOINTMENTS in one single day! That is a crazy miracle, people! The miracle kept on for the week, but that number 12 just blew me away:) We will see what happens with all of our appointments in the week- absolutely every single space in our planner is filled with people to visit:) I AM SO EXCITED:) 

Well, in the mission you have to have a way to stay in contact with your leaders and the world, so each companionship has a super chaffa cell phone;) And guess what? I LOST OUR PHONE. It was a sad 2 days looking for it until a member found it in her car:) It is times like those when I am actually happy I am not at home to get in trouble for things;) It was just a bit awkward explaining to my missionary Leaders, haha. 

And here is an awkward-funny story for the week:) We are currently teaching an 86 year old man and while we were teaching him the Plan of Salvation and about the creation I asked him what his favorite part about the Earth was:) I told him that for me the Plants are the most beautiful thing and the flowers! My companion shared that she loves waterfalls, the member accompanying us shared that she loves sunsets and sunrises:) And he looked at us and told us he loves the women. Yup. 

Well, I love you all so so so so much and I hope you have an amazing week! I will keep you in my prayers:) The heat is climbing and the mosquitos are coming out, enjoy your snow and be grateful;) Love you!

Hermana Swallow

No comments:

Post a Comment