Sunday, May 15, 2016

May 9- Happy Mother's Day!

Wow, it was a great week! I love being a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!:) It was a good week and I was finally getting into the swing of being in a trio when BOOM special changes hit;) Haha, so they took away Hermana Albiña, the one from Chile who made me laugh so much and is ending her mission in 3 weeks, but its okay:) Me and Hermana Muñoz will keep moving forward in the work!

Our awesome neighbors brought us Elote the other night- it had been awhile since I had eaten it and I decided I don't care that it is mayonnaise, it is DELICIOUS! Haha, and you can't tell by my face that I feel really passionate about it.
They say that if you are having a bad day you should hug a tree because it takes away the negative energy:) So when all day our appointments fell through I hugged a tree and someone let us in their house right after- and they had cold water and a fan! It works. 
Me and my chilena:) 
I found this cute little guy running around our house one night and I couldn't resist the photo-shoot:)
 Hermana muñoz likes to do hair, so she made me this cool bun one day that I have only seen on Pinterest! I felt like a princess all the day.
Since Hermana Albiña is going home soon she feels like the rules dont apply to her anymore and she holds children;) This is our neighbors daughter:) 
Things got really hot one day- we are talking 40s in Celsius ( I don't know what it is in Fahrenheit- it just translates to hot;)) so we found some grass in a strip of shade and took a pic;) Haha, and me and Hermana Albiña made the same exact face.
I got another little infection that was really funny this week, it is just a sty in my eye but everyone here thought it was really funny. They call them perrillas here and they say you get them because you say a dog going to the bathroom, haha. Someone also told me that I have bad energy or spirits in my eye and that I should wash it with an egg while saying the catholic prayer 'padre nuestro' haha. 
Something that you can do to treat stys (that doesn't include egg) is put a hot rice pack on it, haha. My companions thought it was really funny;) and Hermana Muñoz is just making a face for the picture, i am good at doing hair;) 
I feel like I send you guys a lot of ugly pictures of me- but that's just because they are really funny hahaha.. just remember as I was- beautiful and non-sweaty;) But this picture shows another home-remedy that they made me do here in Mexico. They say when you have a sty you should put a green chile in the fire and then put it on you eye- and IT HURTS. 
Us and the cute neighbor kids on our way to an appointment:) We love it when members accompany us for lessons, and we love it even more if they take us in their cars;) 
I ate goat for the first time on Saturday, it wasnt too bad:) It is carne suave. But they also made me try the goat stomach and that was not so okay. 
This is me and a youth in our ward, Amsi:) She is really great:) She will turn 16 soon and then she will accompany us for appointments:) 
Here is something AMAZING! Back in February we had a sister who was ready to be baptized but when she had her interview they decided she wasn't exactly ready yet. It has been a huge trial of her faith, and our faith as missionaries, but she has showed her sincere desire to repent and follow the Lord and she is finally ready to be baptized this coming week! HURRAH FOR ISRAEL!
Also... I GOT TO SEE MY FAMILY!!! It was the Best Thing Ever to see them. I love them and miss them so much, but I am so grateful for the support and love they give me!
So I am a happy camper:) I had the chance to help a tourist yesterday who got lost and didn't speak any Spanish and needed someone who could translate:) I was really grateful for the opportunity to serve, I know that I have been really blessed in my time here in Mexico.I love this language and I love my people:) Have an AMAZING week!!
Love, Hermana Swallow

No comments:

Post a Comment