Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Aug. 3- MEXICO

Mi Querido Familia y Amigos,
Bless you, all of you, who emailed me this day. I prayed so hard that I would have some comfort through emails this loco, loco day. I AM REALLY IN MEXICO NOW! It has been a very long day, and I am finally in my area with my brand new compaƱera! I have been assigned to Galeana with Hermana Garcia as my trainer:) She is very nice and we have been getting along really well:) I think she will take good care of me here in the city! 
I guess whenever I pictured myself on a mission I was always in rural areas teaching on dirt floors and under palm trees.. and now I am in this large and loco city, haha. I am more than a little frightened. As I we walked down the streets I just kept thinking "What have I done, What have I done, What have I done??" But everyone in the training told me that it is extremely normal to feel out of place for a while, please keep me in your prayers.
Also, I'm not sure what kind of 'Spring' they think they have in Mexico, but it sure doesn't feel like eternal primavera to me, haha. I am sweating in places I didn't know I could! Also, I guess our area is one of the hottest in the mission. #sorpresasorpresa jaja. 
I know that blessings will come after the trail of your faith, and if I when I prayed about it it felt right then, it is STILL right now. All will be well, and I will strive to be an instrument in the hands of the Lord:) But definitely keep me in your prayers. I love you mucho y mucho!!
-Hermana Lillie Swallow

PS- speaking of the trail of your faith, remember last Thursday and Hermana Warners broken and blistered feet?? Well. she decided to exercise her faith in the Lord and said a specific prayer on Thursday night that at 7:07am on Friday morning she would look at her feet and they would be better and she wouldn't feel the pain anymore. AND IT WORKED. You could still see the marks, but she wasn't in any more pain and we were able to return her wheelchair that morning:) Our God is a God of miracles, and I know He is mindful of me out here in Mexico and of YOU.  

No comments:

Post a Comment